MonitorWare Agent 4.0 Released
Adiscon is proud to announce the 4.0 release of MonitorWare Agent.
This release is feature-packed, addressing all those things people asked about.
Among others, it features:
- Full support for Windows x64 Editions – now utilizes these top-notch operating systems in native mode.
- Support for OLEDB – Microsoft’s preferred database access method. For SQL server, this also means a 30% performance increase for the "write database" action.
- Multi-Threaded Queue Engine – allowing to utilize the full power of multicore and multiprocessor machines. While the agent ran already on concurrent threads, the new design allows for massive parallelism and
thus enhanced performance on high-end hardware.
- Remote Event Log Monitoring – install a single instance to monitor Windows event logs remotely. Even remote message files are correctly retrieved, providing the ability to correctly decode all types of remote
- Multi-File Monitor – the file monitor now has capabilities to concurrently monitor a large array of similar files.
- Multi-Line file monitoring – new separator logic allows to retrieve data from files not delimited by line breaks. This also allows to pull multi-line events from text log files.
- Additional ways to format properties – provides even enhanced control over how properties are expanded.
- Extreme case hardening – additional hardening and configuration capabilities have been included for very demanding environments.
- and, of course, some bug fixes and many other enhancements (for details, please visit the MonitorWare Agent 4.0 Version History)
Version 4.0 is a free download.
Customers with existing 3.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.