MonitorWare Agent 4.3 Released
Adiscon is proud to announce the 4.3 release of MonitorWare Agent. This release contains some new features and bug fixes, but most important, better support for Windows Vista. Find a list of changes below:
- New EventLog Monitor V2 Service – A new Service has been added to fully support the new EventLog of Windows Vista. Currently the Service is just called EventLog Monitor V2 and can only be configured and used on Windows Vista or Windows Longhorn Server. This new Service fully supports the new EventLog structure, the new Channels and so on. To gain support for fully reading the new Vista EventLog, we highly recommend to use the new Service.
- SETP Server – Added new Option "Notify Sender about Rule Action Error’s". Use this option to have Rule error processing control over SETP as well. Attention! If you enable this feature, older MonitorWare Agent Versions ( 4.2.x and below ) may have trouble sending data over SETP once a Rule Exception occurs! If you intend to use this feature, make sure all MonitorWare Agent Installations are at least Version 4.3.x.
- Vista Compatibility – Added full support for Windows Vista. Which includes enhancing the Installer and the MonitorWare Agent. If you use the x64 Version of Vista, you will have to use x64 Version of the Agent to get the best EventLog reading support.
- Forward Syslog Action – Added support for sending syslog messages in compressed form using zlib. Added support for syslog-transport-tls framing in the syslog sender when used with tcp and compression (the framing itself can not yet be forced)
- OLEDB/ODBC Action – Added support for MSSQL Stored Procedures. You can now select between an INSERT and Call Statement, which is Microsoft specific for stored procedures. This means also this type of SQL statement will only work if MSSQL is used as database.
More details can be found in the version history
Version 4.3 is a free download. Customers with existing 3.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.