MonitorWare Agent 4.2 Released
Adiscon is proud to announce the 4.2 release of MonitorWare Agent. This release contains a few features and some bugfixes. This is primarily a maintenance release. Find a list of changes below:
- EventLog Monitor – A ressource library cache has been added. This new feature will mainly be useful for the Eventlog Monitor. All libraries will be cached for 30 minutes by default. For events with the same reoccuring event sources, this will be a great performance enhancement. The cache will also work for remote system libraries (requires administrative default shares).
- Syslog Service, MonitorWare Echo Reply, SETP Receiver – TCP and UDP Services can now be bound to specific IP Addresses. This feature is useful for multihome environments where you want to run different Syslog Servers on different IP Addresses. Please note that the default IP Address 0.0.0.0 means ANY IP Address.
- OpenSSL – Updated the OpenSSL components and libraries with the latest Version openssl-0.9.8d.
- ForwardSyslog Action – Fixed a wrong Session Timeout value in case TCP was selected as protocol. This caused each TCP Session to be closed after usage. The session will now remain open for 30 minutes by default.
- Database Service – Fixed a bug in the Database Monitor that caused saving the wrong LastID Value. Also fixed a bug in the Client that caused bogus error messages when a new Database Monitor was created.
More Details can be found in the version history
Version 4.2 is a free download. Customers with existing 3.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to email@example.com. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.