How can I copy the current configuration to the other servers?
Created 2004-01-26 by Tamsila-Q-Siddique
I have got "x" number of copies of EventReporter, MonitorWare Agent or Winsyslog. How can I copy the current configuration to the other servers so we can save time? I want to copy all of the services and rulesets I’ve setup on my server.
Please do the following:
- Go to Computer Menu-> Export Settings to Registry-File (Not Binary).
- Save this registry file.
Now put this registry file in a shared folder. Then on each computer you would just have to double click on it. When you double click on this registry file it would simply import your registry settings into EventReporter, MonitorWare Agent or WinSyslog. When you open the EventReporter, MonitorWare Agent, or WinSyslog you would see your configured rules and services.
Note: If you are using Windows XP / Windows 2000 and want to export your settings from EventReporter, MonitorWare Agent or WinSyslog to WinNT 4.0 machine then follow the following steps:
- Start -> Run.
- Type "regedit" and click ok – Now the Registry Editor is opened.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adiscon\EventReporter (MonitorWare Agent or WinSyslog) click on the "EventReporter" (MonitorWare Agent, WinSyslog) folder.
- Go to Registry Menu -> Export Registry File…
- Now give the file a name, like "myeventconfig" and change the "Save as type" to "Win9x/NT4 Registration Files (REGEDIT4)".
Now you have a registry file that can be used for distributing your configuration across your WinNT 4.0 machines. If you don’t follow this procedure, you will not be able to distribute your Windows XP / Windows 2000 registry file to NT machines.