MonitorWare Agent 2.1 Final
- New Services Added– DataBase Monitor Service can read a table out of a database and process each data record like other events within MonitorWare Agent.
– SerialMonitor Service allows you to capture messages from a Serial Com or from the Printer ports. It is highly configurable and can send a Greeting message.
- New Actions Added– PlaySound Action can play a wave file once or more often.
– Send to Communications Port send any message to a configured Serial or Printer port.
– Post Process Action allows you to re-parse a message after it has been processed.
- New Options Added – In File Monitor Service and Database Logging Action.
- Skinning Feature Added – By default 5 new fresh skins are installed and can be selected. We have also created a gif animation which cycles the same MonitorWare Agent Client view in all Skins: Click here to see!
- Cloning Feature Added – You can clone a Ruleset, a Rule, an Action or a Service with one mouse click.
- Enhanced Client– MonitorWare Agent Client Wizards has been enhanced for creating Actions, Services and RuleSets.
– Enhaced the filter form. New filters for the new services have been added, Filters are automatically updated. and other minute changes.
– Introduced the "Property Replacer" and enhanced it features. The property replacer is a generic component that allows you to merge properties from the event processed to e.g. the email subject line or a log file line. It is a central component that is used as often in the product as possible. The idea behind the property replacer is that there is often need to specify a value from the event processed.
- Increased Useability – Minor other MonitorWare Agent Client enhancments to increase it’s useablility.
- Error Handling – Added more error handling into the Eventlog Monitor.
- Stability – Minor other stability changes.
- Bug Fixes– Problems with files larger then 4 GB in the Filelogging Action – When you restarted the MonitorWare Agent, those files were overwritten from the beginning.
– The Database Action (And maybe others as well) could fail with an unknown error (EventID 114) when the SETP Server received messages from older Clients (Version 1.3 and lower). This has been corrected now.
– The password in the database action view was not saved if encryption was not enabled.
– In the File Logging action it could cause high CPU usage when Custom Fileformat was used.
– In ODBC write which always persisted the NTSeverity as a constant value (4) to the database.
– In the SETP Receiver when older MWAgent Versions were sending messages to it, actions like the database action could fail in this case.
– In the Filter Engine boolean filters were not handled correctly. This bug was introduced in 2.1 only.
Tags: 2.1, MonitorWare Agent, release