MonitorWare Agent 6.0 Released
Adiscon is proud to announce the 6.0 release of MonitorWare Agent. This is a major release including new features and minor bugfixes. The most important changes are:
- Windows 2008 Server support – full support for Windows Server 2008 has been added, including the ability to emulate old-style event log properties which are no longer available in the new event logging system. Please note that this also enhanced event log monitor V2 operations under Windows Vista.
- greatly improved web interface – which enables many more searching and analysis options
- Custom event logs are now also supported in the “write event log” action
- RELP protocol support – the “Reliable Event Logging Protocol” is a next-generation protocol for reliable delivery of network event information
- Improved NetApp Filer support – now NetApp’s real-time event logging API emulation is fully supported.
- Enhanced event log monitor – now containing additional properties and capabilities (like processing events based on a checksum and generating unique record IDs)
- enhanced internationalization – the core engine now supports UTF8 and UTF16 in many more places, including ForwardSyslog, WriteFile and SendEMail actions.
- multi-encoding support for InterActive SyslogViewer – added support for additional encodings when exporting syslog messages into a file.
- simplified IP-based filtering – which enables matching based on IP ranges
- improved automation support – the configuration client program can bow be used to batch-import xml-based configuration files, which si very useful in unattended, fully-automated setups.
For more details read the version history
Version 6.0 is a free download, but requires a version 6 key. Customers with existing 5.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to email@example.com. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.