How To setup a Set Status Action
Article created 2007-04-05 by Florian Riedl.
1. First we define a new rule set. Right-click “Rules”. A pop up menu will appear. Select “Add Rule Set” from this menu. On screen, it looks as follows:
2. Then, a wizard starts. Change the name of the rule to whatever name you like. We will use “Set Status” in this example. The screen looks as follows:
Click “Next” to go on with the next step.
3. Select only “Set Status”. Do not select any other options for this sample. Also, leave the “Create a Rule for each of the following actions” setting selected. Click “Next”. You will see a confirmation page. Click “Finish” to create the rule set.
4. As you can see, the new Rule Set “Set Status” is present. Please expand it in the tree view until the action level of the “Set Status” Rule and select the “Set Status” action to configure.
5. With this action you can create your own properties which can be used in the whole rule and filter engine. Or you can take a already existing property and just change it’s value. Properties are a variable for specified information units. More detailed information is available in the manual.
6. You can enter your own property name in the corresponding field, or choose one from the internal list. For this example I choose the property name secEventID. The “Set Property value” can be filled with any valid value or the property replacement. Here I chose my property to be filled with the EventID value. Click on “Insert” to open the menu with the already available properties. This would look like that.
7. Finally, make sure you press the “Save” button – otherwise your changes will not be applied. Then start the service and you are done.