MonitorWare Agent 1.1
This release includes numerous enhancements as well as stability updates. All users are strongly advised to update to this version. Specifically, it includes the following enhancements:
- New NT Service Monitor – Allows monitoring all local NT services. Generates an event for each service which is not started but set to start automatically.
- New Disk Space Monitor – Monitors all local hard disk partitions. Can be used for statistics or to alert if disk space is low.
- Language Consistency – German and French are now available consistently throughout the product screens.
- Improved Japenese Language Support – The output encoding (EUC, JIS, SJIS) can now be selected for email and syslog forward actions.
- Incoming Message – they can now be filtered based on a lower, higher or equal syslog priority. Previously, only an exact match was supported. This greatly simplifies rule creation in common scenarios.
- Replacement characters – these are now supported in the “Start Program” action. This allows e.g. to pass the source system or message content to an external program.
- Improved syslog over TCP receiver – offers greater compatibility and more options.
- Support for Debugging – support for debugging complex rule bases (log file can be written)
- Interactive Syslog Server – can now be instructed not to scroll incoming messages as they arrive. Often requested to save client machine performance.
- New exclude filters – based on message content (all previous versions supported include filters, only)
- SMTP Authentication – support for SMTP authentication added
- Enhanced File logger – it does now allow concurrent reads and writes to the log file. So it can be reviewed e.g. with notepad while it is constantly being written.
- Visual Styles – support for Windows XP visual styles added.
- Database schema – changed to capture new data and provide seamless interaction with upcoming changes and new products like the new web interface or the MonitorWare console.
- Enhanced WinSyslog Web Access – based on the former web interface now part of the core product.
- General stability updates