Adiscon is proud to announce the 7.2 release of MonitorWare Agent. This is a minor release including some a new feature and minor bug fixes.
As a very important enhancement, this release offers support for native and standards-compliant secure syslog transport via SSL/TLS. Based on RFC5425, MonitorWare Agent now permits sending and receiving of messages in a secure way. All RFC5425 authentication modes are supported, so messages can not only traverse the network encrypted but clients and server can also authenticate each other. Among others, this provides a reliable safeguard against man-in-the middle attacks. Note that this type of authentication is much stronger than IP-based authorization modes (as, for example, are usually found in firewalls). Of course, both can be used together for even stronger security.
The “Send Mail” Action was improved again, and now supports the STARTTLS command. This means the connection to a mailserver can be secured during transmission, if the mailserver supports it.
For more details read the version history
Version 7.2 is a free download. Customers with existing 6.x keys can contact our Sales department for upgrade prices. If you have a valid Upgrade Insurance ID, you can request a free new key by sending your Upgrade Insurance ID to email@example.com. Please note that the download enables the free 30-day trial version if used without a key – so you can right now go ahead and evaluate it.
MonitorWare Agent 7.0a Released
Build-IDs: Service 7.0.391, Client 7.0.1303
- Core Engine
– fixed an issue which caused trouble reading MonitorWare Agent Events in the EventLog Viewer.
You can download Free Trial Version of MonitorWare Agent.
MonitorWare Agent 7.0 Released
Build-IDs: Service 7.0.390, Client 7.0.1303
MonitorWare Agent 7.0 Released
Adiscon is proud to announce the 7.0 release of MonitorWare Agent. This is a major release including new features and minor bug fixes. The most important enhancement is that Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 are now fully supported. Continue reading “2010-02-01 MonitorWare Agent 7.0 Final Released”
MonitorWare Agent 6.2 Released
Build-IDs: Service 6.2.380, Client 6.2.1293
MonitorWare Agent 6.1 Released
Build-IDs: Service 6.1.374, Client 6.1.1265
- File Monitor
– Added a new advanced option to replace NULL bytes inside a file with spaces. This makes it possible to monitor files which include NULL bytes. Spaces again can be compressed automatically.
– Added support for unlimited subdirectories and files when the advanced option “Allow Directories or read multiple files” is enabled. This means folders will be scanned for files recursive. Continue reading “2009-04-06 MonitorWare Agent 6.1 Final (Build Service 6.1.374/Client 6.1.1265)”
MonitorWare Agent 6.0 Released
Build-IDs: Service 6.0.362, Client 6.0.1230
- Eventlog Monitor
– Added two new properties by customer request, %user% which contains the username of an event and %user_sid% which contains the security identifier of the user.
– Added another property called %recordnum% which contains the internal number of the current eventlog entry.
– Added new Option “Always search for the last processed Event using the Checksum”. It uses the checksum feature (needs to be enabled first) to track and find the last processed Event. This is useful for netapp devices, for more details see this article Continue reading “2008-11-24 MonitorWare Agent 6.0 Final (Build Service 6.0.362/Client 6.0.1230)”
MonitorWare Agent 5.2 Released
Build-IDs: Service 5.2.348, Client 5.2.1196
MonitorWare Agent 5.1 Released
Build-IDs: Service 5.1.340, Client 5.1.1166
- EventLog Monitor
Added new option to use the new Checksum method to verify if the LastRecord is still valid. This option can be set in each EventLogType. We also had to redesign the Client advanced options form, as all the options did not fit into it anymore. This option will prevent you from modifying the LastRecord value which means if you change the LastRecord value, the whole EventLog will be reprocessed! Continue reading “2007-10-11 MonitorWare Agent 5.1 Final (Build Service 5.1.340/Client 5.1.1166)”